Non Member, Spain
Date founded: 2005
- Irma Sala, Research and Fundraising
- Esther Sellés, Vice President
Avinguda del Turisme, 42-44
(08370) Calella (Barcelona)
Phone:+34 93 766 59 69
Fax:+34 93 769 70 14
Fundació Miquel Valls / Miquel Valls Foundation Activities
The Miquel Valls Foundation is the only organisation of its kind serving the Catalonian region of Spain. The Foundation’s mission is to improve quality of life for people suffering from ALS and to offer support to their families, as well as fighting the disease by promoting ALS research.
- Assistance for people with ALS/MND and their families through support, advice and home visits done by our team of social workers, occupational therapists and psychologist (more than 350 families attended every year in Catalonia).
- Multidisciplinary care in the ALS/MND Unit of the University Hospital of Bellvitge (given by the hospital’s medical specialists and Foundation professionals). More than 150 people attended every year. More information here: http://www.bellvitgehospital.cat/usuaris/aula_pacients/ela_present.html
- Supply specialized equipment from our bank of assistive technology products (with more than 1000 products currently).
- Coordinate medical and social ALS/MND care.
- Support promote ALS/MND research.
- Provide information to the general public to increase awareness of ALS/MND needs.