ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT GRANT
The purpose of this grant is to help newly formed Member Associations establish themselves OR to facilitate, as far as is practical, the survival of existing Member Associations by providing short-term financial support.
1. The International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations (“The Alliance”) will, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, provide Adminstrative Support Grants of no more than £1500.
2. The Grant is to be used solely for the following purposes:
a) the purchase of office materials, furniture, communications or computer equipment;
b) printing and publication of awareness and information material;
c) salaries or other local costs for the employment of an administrator, secretary, fundraiser or other paid employee approved by the Alliance Support Grant Committee.
Grant funds will not be made available for the payment of rent or other property-related costs.
3. To be eligible to apply for a Grant, the Member Association must:
a) be fully up-to-date with all subscriptions, or any other sums due to the Alliance; and
b) demonstrate profound financial need.
4. Applications must be made on the attached form, which will be received by the General Manager.
5. The Alliance Support Grant Committee will review each Grant application in detail and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors, based on the merits of the application received and the availability of Alliance resources. A final decision will be rendered by a vote of the Board of Directors at the next quarterly Board Meeting. For details on the timeline of a particular application, please consult the General Manager.
6. Not more than one Support Grant will be awarded to any single Member in any one calendar year. This includes all Alliance Support Grants—for partnership travel, attendance at the Annual Meetings or administrative support.
8. Members who apply for an Administrative Support Grant will be notified of the results by the General Manager no more than 90 days from the receipt of the application form below.
9. Payment of the Support Grant will be authorised and effected by the General Manager.
10. It should be noted that the Alliance is under no obligation to award a Support Grant in any year. All Grants are made at the discretion of the Support Grant Committee and the Board of Directors of the Alliance (see 5. above).