ABOUT THE MEETING TRAVEL GRANT
The purpose of this grant is to assist Member Associations to attend the Annual Alliance Meeting in Dublin, Ireland on 4-5 December of 2016.
1. The International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations (“The Alliance”) will at the discretion of the Board of Directors provide Travel Grants of £1,000 each, for Alliance Member Associations to send a representative to the Annual Alliance Meeting in Dublin, Ireland in 2016.
2. The Grant is to be used solely for travel and/or accommodation expenses. Attendance fees in respect of the event named above will be waived for the recipients of the Travel Grant. However, all other funding for travel and attendance would need to be secured by the applicant Association, or its individual representative. This includes fees associated with the International Symposium on ALS/MND.
3. To be eligible to apply for a Travel Grant, the applicant Member Association must:
a) be fully up-to-date with all subscriptions, or any other sums due to the Alliance.
b) be an Association which, in the absence of such a Grant, would not, for economic reasons, be able to send a representative to these meetings.
4. Applications must be made on the attached form, which must be received by the General Manager no later than 1 August 2016. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
5. The Alliance Support Grant Review Committee (a subcommittee of the Board of Directors) will review all applications, and will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors. The Board as a whole will make a decision on the award of the Grants by 15 August 2016.
6. Not more than one Grant will be awarded to any single Member Association in any one calendar year. This includes other types of Alliance Support Grant funding (for partnership travel or administrative support).
7. Although applications will be considered from all Member Associations (provided that they meet the requirements of 3. above) priority will be given to those Associations which have not previously been represented at an Alliance Meeting, Allied Professionals’ Forum or International Symposium.
8. All applicants will be notified of the results by the General Manager no later than 16 August 2016, in order to allow sufficient time for airline reservations and other practical arrangements to be made.
9. Payment of the Grant will be authorised and effected by the General Manager.
10. It should be noted that the Alliance is under no obligation to award a Travel Grant in any year. All Grants are made at the discretion of the Alliance Support Grant Review Committee (see 5 above), and subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of the Alliance.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 1 AUGUST ANNUALLY. Any forms received after 1 August cannot be considered.