8 June 2016
The International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator, a part-time position. The details appear below, including our classified ad and a job description.
We are planning to employ this individual in the United States, but would be open to candidates abroad if circumstances permit. Someone geographically near the General Manager (who resides in the greater Philadelphia region) is highly preferred for training purposes. This would be a work-from-home (remote) position for a qualified and motivated individual. We are open to a variety of candidates.
To apply, please review the materials below and send a resume and letter of interest to Rachel Patterson, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 1 July.
JOB AD: Administrative Coordinator (0.4 FTE/15 hours per week)
The International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations is an international, peak body organization. Our members are patient support and advocacy associations from 35 countries. The Alliance is committed to supporting our members to make a difference in the lives of people with Amyotrophic Lateral Scerosis (ALS) and related Motor Neurone Diseases (MND).
Would you like to make a difference by helping us to achieve our Mission:
- To promote optimal care and support for all people living with ALS/MND
- To facilitate information exchange and education at an international level
- To encourage collaboration, dissemination and translation of ALS/MND research
You will be responsible for supporting the work of the General Manager (GM). You will work with the GM to ensure that the organisation’s operations and communications run smoothly. You will also be responsible for providing critical administrative support to the GM to keep the global ALS/ MND community up to date.
This position offers variety together with flexible working conditions. Do you:
- Have the desire and motivation to make a difference in the ALS/MND community?
- Have tertiary qualifications and administration experience?
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills?
- Like to work independently with the support of a small motivated and committed team?
Knowledge of ALS/MND, while an advantage, is not a prerequisite as training and a comprehensive orientation program will be provided.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Administrative Coordinator
PART-TIME: 15 hours/week; 12-month contract; $15-$20/hour commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: The General Manager of the Alliance
KEY PURPOSE: The post-holder will be responsible for assisting with key tasks related to the day-to-day administration of the organisation and will work closely with the General Manager to ensure that the organisation’s operations and communications run smoothly. The post-holder will provide critical administrative support to the General Manager. This post is time-limited to 12 months and continuation is contingent upon review of position and available resources.
- To provide administrative support and services to the General Manager, assisting her in meeting objectives related to the Strategic Plan
- To copy write and distribute communications to the membership
- To monitor and update social media platforms and design of the quarterly newsletter, under the supervision of the General Manager
- To assist the General Manager in drafting letters and documents; to copy-edit and proofread existing documents and communications
- To assist the General Manager in reading and routing correspondence
- To assist the General Manger to maintain and grow income through membership subscriptions, sponsorship and donations
- To assist the General Manager in administrating annual subscription payments and maintaining membership records
- To assist the General Manager in maintaining an up-to-date website and informational materials for the Alliance
- To assist the General Manager in recording and processing donations
- To assist the General Manager in maintaining a calendar and appointment schedule
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Business etc.) preferred. Equivalent work experience considered.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal. (Writing sample required.)
- Experience with a variety of software packages; strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
- At least 2 years’ administrative work experience or equivalent.
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Experience in external communications and social media platforms.
- Familiarity with or knowledge of ALS/MND while an advantage is not a prerequisite as training and a comprehensive orientation program will be provided.
Skills and Aptitude
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work flexibly and collaboratively.
- Attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Flexible approach to duties.
- Ability to work outside normal hours on an occasional basis.