|Committee Title||Committee Members||Committee Responsibilities|
|Budget and Finance Committee||David Ali (Chair),|
|The Committee is responsible for reviewing the integrity of the organisation’s financial reporting and overseeing the independence of the external auditors.
The Committee has the following duties:
• Approve the draft annual budget for presentation to the Board for final approval.
• Ensure the budget is aligned with the Alliance’s Strategic Plan and priorities.
• Approve adjustments to the annual budget as necessary.
• Monitor the financial performance of the organisation, to take action on any significant financial management matters generally and to advise the Board on any significant financial management matters.
• Monitor the management of administration and staff resources, respecting the Executive Director’s delegated responsibilities to manage the organisation including its resources.
• Ensure that Executive Director delegations are in place and reviewed when required and adjusted.
• Monitor internal controls and ensure compliance with various laws and standards as relevant.
• Monitor management of organisational risk, conduct annual risk management reviews, to take action on any significant risk issue, and to advise the Board of any significant risk issues.
• Monitor the financial investments of the organisation, to take action on any significant investment matter generally, and to advise the Board of any significant investment management matters.
• Consider any issues arising from interim and final audits, and any matters the auditors may wish to discuss.
• Each year, review the appointment of the external auditor, their independence, the audit fee, and to recommend to the Board and at the Annual General Meeting the appointment or reappointment of the external auditor.
|Governance Committee||Craig Stockton (Chair), David Ali, Nick Goldup||The committee will review and report to the Board on items and areas within it’s remit, including the following:
• Reviewing the Governing Document.
• Developing and reviewing governance policies and procedures;
• Ensuring that an organisational strategic plan is developed, followed and monitored.
• Ensuring that a governance framework is developed and implemented to confirm robust governance, reporting compliance and providing trustee assurance
• Ensuring that systems are in place to regularly review the performance of the board as a whole and evaluate the contribution of individual members.
• Ensuring that risks to the organisation are identified, regularly reviewed and appropriate control measures put in place.
• Developing and monitoring procedures to ensure the organisation's legal and regulatory compliance
• Ensure that there are effective induction and mentoring processes for board members
• Establishing a board reporting cycle and annual board diary.
Task Forces and Working Groups will be struck each year or as needed for various outcomes including Award Nominations, Programs, and Strategic Planning.