Full Member, Latvia
Date founded: 22 July 2009
- Valerijs Rakovs - Chairman
Maskavas str. 421-18, Riga,
MOTUS VITA – Association of People with Special Needs Activities
- To assist ALS/MND patients in obtaining medical, social and professional rehabilitation:
- Promotion of ALS/MND patients rehabilitation program developed by health specialists.
- Promotion of practice and experience exchange for health professionals in the care and support of people living with ALS/MND.
- Distribution of disability aids and wheelchairs as well as diapers and pads.
- To promote educational opportunities for people living with ALS/MND as well as to support and encourage acquisition of IT professional skills and employment.
- Development of computerization and computer literacy program; maintenance of a computer class; provision of computers and Internet access at homes;
- Development of a special program for distance professional consultancy
- To facilitate integration of people living with ALS/MND into society by way of encouraging their involvement in general community activities and organizing special activities designated for these people.
- Organization and support of Creative Workshops, including participation in charity fairs and arrangement of exhibition of works created by the members of said workshops
- Development of Art Therapy program
- Arrangement of summer camps “Wings for Wheels”.
- Organization of sightseeing trips inside Latvia.
- Maintenance of our home page www.motusvita.lv .
- To advocate the rights of ALS/MND patients in various institutions and government whenever any laws or other legal documents are being drafted or adopted.
- To promote MND awareness to the Government and the general community making them realize the ALS/MND patients’ daily problems and the ways to ease or solve them.
- To achieve the above mentioned, the Association will make use of any activities in conformity with the Latvian Legislation, including:
- Involvement of different funds projects, co-ordination of volunteers to provide support and raise funds, etc.
- Regular participation in “Baltic Bridge” meetings.
- Development of contacts with relevant organizations abroad.