(Shaanxi ALS Association)
Full Member, China
Date founded: 2013
- Bingcang Yan and Guodong Feng
368 Kuangshan Street
Baqiao District, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China
Shaanxi ALS Association Activities
1. On Jan.1st 2013, The Shaanxi ALS Association Preparation Meeting was held in Shaanxi TCM Brain Disease Hospital.
2. On March 26th ,The second Shaanxi ALS Preparation Meeting was successfully held.
3. On September 17th ,2013, The 2014 Shaanxi ALS Association Funding conference was successfully held.
4. On Jan.1st, 2013, six representatives from The Shaanxi ALS Association went on a home vist to six ALS patients. On February 16th , A visiting group led by Vice Secretary General Bingcang Yan. and Vice Secretary Guodong Feng sent their new year greetings and gifts to ALS patients.
5. On March 14, the Shaanxi ASL Association 2015 Doctor-patient Communication conference organized by Xijing Hospital (the Fourth Military Medical University), Xi’an TCM Brain Disease Hospital ( Xi’an Brain Disease Hospital Affiliated of Shaanxi University of TCM), and China Social Welfare Foundation (China-Dolls Funds for Rare Disorders), was held successfully.
6. In March, 2015, Nurse Meiying Zhao from Xi’an TCM Brain Disease Hospital and other 32 members went on 16 home visits to patients Chunmei Wang. During those visits, our Association members provided daily health care strategies and other basic instructions.
7. On June, 16th , to welcome the 15th Global Day of recognition of ALS/MND, The Shaanxi ALS Association, together with Xijing Hospital (the Fourth Military Medical University), Xi’an TCM Brain Disease Hospital ( Xi’an Brain Disease Hospital Affiliated of Shaanxi University of TCM), the second Affiliated Hospital of Xi’an Jiaotong University, and the Ninth Hospital of Xi’an organized a large public service activity. This activity was aimed to deliver the knowledge and health care information to the public, provide pre-diagnose to potential patients. Professionals from several hospitals also presented to help patients with their questions and concerns.
8. Developed ALS training programs for patients, family and doctors.
9. Carry out ALS dysphagia screening program.
10. Developed ALS treatment plan of integration of traditional and western medicine
11. Provided Volunteer consultation program to patients and doctors.
12. Extended new wards to ALS Patients。
13. Recruited volunteers.