ABOUT THE MEETING TRAVEL GRANT
The purpose of this grant is to assist Member Associations to attend the Annual Alliance Meeting in Perth, Australia on 1-2 December of 2019.
1. The International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations (“The Alliance”) will at the discretion of the Board of Directors provide Travel Grants of £1,000 each, for Alliance Member Associations to send a representative to the Annual Alliance Meeting in Perth, Australia.
2. The Grant is to be used solely for travel and/or accommodation expenses. Attendance fees in respect of the event named above will be waived for the recipients of the Travel Grant. However, all other funding for travel and attendance would need to be secured by the applicant Association, or its individual representative. This includes fees associated with the International Symposium on ALS/MND.
3. To be eligible to apply for a Travel Grant, the applicant Member Association must:
a) be fully up-to-date with all subscriptions, or any other sums due to the Alliance.
b) be an Association which, in the absence of such a Grant, would not, for economic reasons, be able to send a representative to these meetings.
4. Applications must be made on the form below, which must be received by the Alliance no later than 19 July 2019.
5. All applications will be reviewed and the Board will decide by 9 August 2019 on the award of Travel Grants.
6. Not more than one Grant will be awarded to any single Member Association in any one calendar year. This includes other types of Alliance Support Grant funding (for partnership travel or administrative support).
7. Although applications will be considered from all Member Associations (provided that they meet the requirements of 3. above) priority will be given to those Associations which have not previously been represented at an Alliance Meeting, Allied Professionals’ Forum or International Symposium.
8. All applicants will be notified of the results by an Alliance Board representative no later than 25 August 2019, in order to allow sufficient time for airline reservations and other practical arrangements to be made.
9. Payment of the Grant will be authorised and effected by the Alliance Board.
10. It should be noted that the Alliance is under no obligation to award a Travel Grant in any year. All Grants are made at the discretion of the Alliance Support Grant Review Committee (see 5 above), and subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of the Alliance.
DEADLINE: 1 AUGUST