ABOUT THE ALLIANCE SUPPORT GRANT FOR PARTNERSHIP TRAVEL
The purpose of the Alliance Support Grant for Partnership Travel is to assist Members of the Alliance with the fares and other expenses associated with the cost of travel, to support their work in recognised partnerships through the Alliance’s Partnership Programme.
Partnership travel should allow Members to share experiences and exchange knowledge and information and allow them to interact with people with ALS/MND, carers, volunteers, clinicians and researchers.
1. The International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations (“The Alliance”) will, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, provide Support Grants for Partnership Travel of no more than £1500.
2. The Grant is to be used solely for travel and/or accommodation expenses and will not cover personal subsistence expenses (such as food or local travel or salary).
3. To be eligible to apply for a Grant, the applicant Member must:
a) be fully up-to-date with all subscriptions, or any other sums due to the Alliance.
b) be an Association or individual which, in the absence of such a Grant, would not, for economic reasons, be able to undertake the proposed travel.
4. Applications must be made on the attached form, which must be received by the Executive Director.
5. The Alliance Support Grant Committee will review each Grant application in detail and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors, based on the merits of the application received and the availability of Alliance resources. A final decision will be rendered by a vote of the Board of Directors at the next quarterly Board Meeting. For details on the timeline of a particular application, please consult the General Manager.
6. Not more than one Support Grant will be awarded to any single Member in any one calendar year. This includes all Alliance Support Grants—for partnership travel, attendance at the Annual Meetings or administrative support.
8. Members who apply for a Support Grant for Partnership Travel will be notified of the results by the General Manager no more than 90 days from the receipt of the application form below.
9. Payment of the Support Grant will be authorised and effected by the General Manager.
10. It should be noted that the Alliance is under no obligation to award a Support Grant in any year. All Grants are made at the discretion of the Support Grant Committee and the Board of Directors of the Alliance (see 5. above).
Please note: The Alliance may reject applications that do not meet the above requirements and will not accept applications for meetings/visits that have already occurred unless otherwise agreed.