Learn more about our awards at the Awards Page.
The purpose of the Humanitarian Award is to:
- Recognise, within the world community of ALS/MND, work undertaken by individuals to enhance the quality of life of people living with ALS/MND;
- Encourage others to think more broadly about their work and its wider international application and to facilitate wider application and innovation;
- Recognise outstanding effort.
More specifically, the recipient of this Award will have:
- Initiated and implemented work that has had an international impact on people living with ALS/MND;
- Worked actively to demonstrate the benefits of the work to the world community of ALS/MND;
- Presented the work in a structure or format to facilitate international application;
- Created the opportunity for implementation of the work internationally;
- Adopted an internationalist approach to his/her endeavours to fight ALS/MND.
The Award will consist of an inscribed crystal bowl and framed citation of the awardee’s work. The judging panel will consist of three Directors of the International Alliance.
Nominations can be made by any individual or organization.
The Award will be presented at the Opening Ceremony of the upcoming International Symposium on ALS/MND.
Nominations will open on 1 May 2017. The deadline is 1 October 2017.