Full Member, Netherlands
Date founded: 1 January 2005
- Gorrit-Jan Blonk, Director
- Marjan Sterenborg, Marketing & Communication Manager
2514 AA The Hague
ALS Foundation of the Nederlands (Stichting ALS Nederland) Activities
- Granting (financial) support to and promotion of research to causes of ALS and research to cure or prevent the disease
- Increase of available knowledge in this area by stimulating scientific researching a broad sense, particularly aimed at the cause and the prevention of ALS, but also on treatment and rehabilitation of patients.
- Making available information on the causes and treatment of ALS.
- Promotion training of experts both in the medical and non-medical disciplines and promotion of additional studying to doctors and others involved in care of patients
- Initiate and maintain contacts with institutions, organisations and agencies which can contribute to the fight of ALS/MND.
- Initiate and maintain contacts, and cooperate with pharmaceutical companies in areas where they contribute to the fight of ALS/MND
- Doing advocacy for people with ALS in the broadest sense of the word.
- Maintain a knowledge centre on ALS.
- Stimulate awareness of ALS.
- Initiate, manage, develop funds to support all aforesaid objectives
- All other activities that contribute to the goals and objectives goals and objectives.
The foundation tries to reach these goals and objectives by all legitimate resources, such as,
- Acquiring and invest reinvesting resources, and securities and its revenues.
- Acquiring donations, legacy and heritages.
- Fund raising in a broad sense of the word.
- Granting benefits or supply loans to persons or institutions operative or doing research in the field of ALS/MND.