Full Member, Taiwan
Date founded: Oct 1996
- Yen-Chu Liu, President
- Professor Ching Piao Tsai, Alliance Delegate
7F-1, No. 2 Minzu E. Rd., Zhongshan District, Taipei 10461, Taiwan
Tel: +886 2 2585 1367
Fax: +886 2 2585 1302
1F., No. 13 Jiangong St., East Dist., Taichung City 40150, Taiwan
Tel: +886 4 2280 4832
Fax: +886 4 2280 4846
15F, No.46, Yichang Rd., Sanmin Dist., Kaohsiung City 80780, Taiwan
Tel: +886 7 389 6930
Fax: +886 7 398 0380
Taiwan Motor Neuron Disease Association Activities
- To promote the patient’s willingness to use hospice care, even those who do not choose to prolong their lives by using a ventilator in the advanced stage of the disease.
- To cooperate with academic research projects for developing useful communication tools such as an eye-tracking device for ALS patients.
- To stimulate volunteerism and organise a training course for volunteers who will be able to assist ALS patient families directly or through telephone consultation.
- To increase the awareness of ALS disease in our society.
- To publish a second edition of the ALS Handbook, which will include disease awareness, medical care psychological adjustments and social resources.
- To distribute our bi-annual ALS magazine to members, ALS patients and their families.
- To organise workshops and seminars focusing on general medical and caring skills for ALS patients and families.
- To produce videotapes and other instructional materials on general medical care and guidance for ALS patients.
- To expand the requirements for home care.