Every year the International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations celebrates 21 June as the global day of recognition of ALS/MND – a disease that affects people in every country of the globe.
ALS/MND is a global problem. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status or region. There are people living with ALS/MND all over the world. For every person diagnosed, the impact of the disease will be forever felt by their loved ones.
Alliance members across the world use the hashtag #ALSMNDWithoutBorders on 21 June to raise awareness and funds on Global Day.
Why 21 June?
June 21 is a solstice – a turning point – and each year the ALS/MND community undertake a range of activities to express their hope that this day will be another turning point in the search for cause, treatment and cure of ALS/MND.
Join the fight… Spread the word
Global Day is an event that knows no boundaries, so everybody can be involved. Any event (big or small), any activity, any act, can be a part of raising awareness of ALS/MND.
Ways to spread the word:
- Use the hashtag #ALSMNDWithoutBorders to share information and education about ALS/MND on social media!
- Celebrate international partnerships and collaborations that make us united in the worldwide fight against ALS/MND.
- Show your support for the Fundamental Rights of people living with ALS/MND by reading and sharing this advocacy tool.
- Read and share the Fundamental Rights for Caregivers of People Living with ALS/MND!
- Hold a fundraiser for your local ALS/MND association.
For further information about getting involved in Global Day, please contact the Alliance Coordinator at email@example.com.